Executive Order No. 28 Series of 2020
“AN ORDER IMPLEMENTING DILG MEMORANDUM CIRCULAR NO. 2020-073 PROVIDING FOR THE GUIDELINES FOR THE CONDUCT OF EXPANDED TESTING PROCEDURES FOR COVID-19”
WHEREAS, Republic Act No. 11469, or the “Bayanihan to Heal as One Act” has placed the country in a State of National Emergency, and has declared the urgent need to:
mitigate, if not contain, the transmission of COVID-19;
undertake measures that will prevent the overburdening of the healthcare system;
immediately and amply provide healthcare, including medical tests and treatments, to COVID-19 patients, Persons Under Investigations (PUIs), or Persons Under Monitoring (PUMs);
ensure that there is sufficient, adequate and readily available funding to undertake the foregoing;
partner with the private sector and other stakeholders to deliver these measures and programs quickly and efficiently; and
promote and protect the collective interests of all Filipinos in these challenging times;
WHEREAS, pursuant to Executive Order No. 26, Series of 2020, the entire City of Bislig is placed under an enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) effective April 12, 2020 in order to curtail the entry and/or spread of this novel coronavirus;
WHEREAS, the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) issued on March 21, 2020 Memorandum Circular 2020-062 providing for suppletory guidelines for local government units (LGUs) in the implementation of the enhanced community quarantine in the Philippines;
WHEREAS, Department Memorandum 2020-0151 regarding the Interim Guidelines on Expanded Testing for COVID-19 was issued by the Department of Health;
WHEREAS, the DILG further issued on April 13, 2020 Memorandum Circular No. 2020-073 setting the guidelines for the conduct of the Expanded Testing Procedures for COVID-19;
WHEREAS, in compliance thereof, it is deemed imperative to adopt and implement Memorandum Circular No. 2020-073 in order to achieve its purpose;
NOW THEREFORE, I, FLORENCIO C. GARAY, City Mayor of Bislig City, Surigao del Sur, by virtue of the power vested in me by law, do hereby order the following, to wit:
Section 1. Declaration of Policy
The City Government of Bislig shall endeavor to fully assist and cooperate with the Department of Health and all health personnel in carrying out the interim guidelines for the conduct of the expanded testing for COVID-19.
Section 2. Interim Guidelines for the Conduct of the Expanded Testing for COVID-19
The City Health Office shall be responsible to provide for the interim guidelines for the conduct of the expanded testing for COVID-19 pursuant to Department Memorandum 2020-0151 issued by the DOH.
Section 3. Creation of Contact Tracing Team (CTT).
There is hereby created a Contact Tracing Team (CTT) which shall be composed of the following:
Team Leader: City Health Officer - Dra. Brenda M. Estrella
Team Assistant: PNP Chief of Police - Plt. Col. Wilson M Corpuz
1. Staff from the PNP City Police Station - PEMS Rico M. Noseñas
2. Staff from City Health Office - Efren C. Abiñon, RN
3. Staff from Bureau of Fire Protection - FO1 Rhea S. Requina
4. City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Officer (CDRRMO) - Jessril A. Oval
5. City Barangay Health Worker - Ledesma B. Calban, Head BHW
6. Barangay Health Emergency Response Team Member - Kag. Arnel L. Cacayan
7. Barangay Public Safety Officer - Rodrigo F. Cacayan
Section 4. Functions of the Contact Tracing Team (CTT).
The Contact Tracing Team (CCT) shall perform the following functions:
a. General Functions:
1. Spearhead in the establishment of necessary platforms and facilities for the expanded testing procedures for COVID-19;
2. Conduct contact tracing for all persons with known exposure to a COVID-19 patient to ensure that they are strictly observing the home-quarantine measures;
3. Monitor the status of Person Under Investigation (PUI), Person Under Monitoring (PUM), family members with known contact to a confirmed case to mitigate possibly of contagion;
4. Report daily update to the COVID-19 Provincial and Regional Task Force;
5. Submit Status Report to the DILG;
6. Identify personnel to be trained to conduct swabbing and specimen collection to assist the Local Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (LESU). The LGU personnel shall be trained by the Regional, Provincial/City Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit;
7. Establish the Ligtas COVID-19 Center (Community Quarantine Facility) by ensuring a conducive environment for recovery, adequate medical personnel manning the facility, personal protective equipment, necessary medicines, medical apparatus, and support services consistent with the IATF-MEID Resolution No. 16 dated 27 March 2020 and DILG Memorandum Circular No. 2020-064;
8. Establish isolation facility which shall be medically managed consistent to the guidelines set by the Department of Health in DOH Memorandum No. 2020-0108 entitled “Guidelines for Management of Patients with Possible and Confirmed COVID-19” among other pertinent issuance on the matter. The appropriate isolation facility depends upon the severity of the patient’s condition, to wit:
b. Specific Functions of the Team Leader
Coordinate with Local Chief Executive (LCE) for the list of PUIs (probable and suspected), and confirmed COVID-19 cases;
Coordinate with R/LESU to provide capacity/capability building for the contact tracing team on conduct of swabbing and specimen collection;
As necessary, coordinate with AFP for augmentation for security of the team;
Section 5. Provision of technical and logistic support to the LESU.
The LESU nearest to the area shall be primarily responsible to conduct the swabbing and specimen collection. The LGU health unit shall to render necessary technical and logistic support to the LESU.
Section 6. Order of Priority for the Expanded Testing for COVID-19
Since COVID-19 Testing Kits are still limited and there is an increasing demand for testing, the Conduct of the Expanded Testing for COVID-19 will STRICTLY follow this order of priority:
1st Priority- All patients including medical professionals and health workers that exhibit severe to critical symptoms of COVID-19 with known travel history or contact to a positive patient.
2nd Priority- All medical professionals and healthcare workers with mild symptoms and known exposure to a positive patient. And all patients with mild symptoms of COVID-19 classified as PUIs who are (1) known to be high-risks with pre-existing medical conditions and/or member of the vulnerable groups [i.e senior citizen, pregnant, with co-morbidities] and, (2) with known travel history or contact to a positive patient.
3rd Priority- All medical professionals and health workers with no symptoms (asymptomatic) but with known exposure to a positive patient. And all patients with no symptoms (asymptomatic) with known travel history or contact to a positive patient.
Section 7. Mandatory Wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
All personnel manning the Ligtas COVID-19 Center shall wear proper personal protective equipment at all times and shall observe strict infection, prevention and control measures.
Section 8. Strict Implementation of Enhanced Community Quarantine
For strict implementation of the Enhanced Community Quarantine so as to avoid the need to conduct additional testing, the provision of DILG Memorandum Circular No. 2020-071, in consonance with the IATF-EID Resolution No, 18, regarding the mandatory wearing of face masks and other protective equipment that can effectively lessen the transmission of COVID-19, as well as the continuous enforcement and observation of social distancing measures in public areas must strictly be enforced.
Section 9. Submission of Daily Plan Report.
COVID-19 City Task Force shall submit a daily action plan report covering 12:00 noon to 12:00 noon every 2:00PM following the attached template/matrix to the COVID-19 Provincial and Regional Task Force.