Executive Order No. 32-B Series of 2020
“AN ORDER PROVIDING FOR ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES OF EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 32 PLACING BISLIG CITY UNDER MODIFIED GENERAL COMMUNITY QUARANTINE (MGCQ)”
WHEREAS, President Rodrigo R. Duterte issued Presidential Proclamation No. 922 placing the country in a State of Public Health Emergency and Presidential Proclamation No. 929 declaring a State of Calamity in the entire country for a period of six (6) months;
WHEREAS, the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) has issued an Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines;
WHEREAS, Mayor Florencio C. Garay issued Executive Order No. 32 placing the entire City of Bislig under Modified General Community Quarantine;
WHEREAS, the IATF of Bislig City issued a resolution providing for additional guidelines to all residents entering the City who are coming from Butuan City and other places outside CARAGA as well as drivers and helpers of delivery trucks or public utility vehicles such as bus and van;
WHEREAS, the City has already tried its best using its own resources to make sure that we identify early those who may be COVID19 positive by instituting health screening measures for all persons entering Bislig;
WHEREAS, since the start of the pandemic our resources is rapidly depleting, hence, there is an urgent need for the suppliers of essential goods and operators of the transportation sector to shoulder the rapid testing of their drivers every fourteen (14) days;
WHEREAS, Section 16 of Republic Act No. 7160 also known as the Local Government Code provides that within their respective territorial jurisdiction, local government units shall ensure and promote health and safety of their inhabitants;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, FLORENCIO C. GARAY, City Mayor of Bislig City, Surigao del Sur, by virtue of the power vested in me by law, do hereby order:
SECTION 1. Additional Guidelines. The following shall be observed during the effectivity of this order, to wit:
1. Residents returning to Bislig who are travelling from Butuan City and places outside CARAGA shall be quarantined for 14 days in an identified government quarantine facility whether or not said travel is merely round trip EXCEPT Authorized Person Outside of Residence (APOR).
2. All drivers and helpers of trucks entering the city, carrying essential goods and services, must show business permit, food pass and must obtain a negative result of rapid test every fourteen (14) days before entering Bislig City.
3. All drivers of public utility vehicles whose routes are from Bislig City to Butuan City or other place outside Caraga and vice versa must obtain a negative result of rapid test every fourteen (14) days before entering Bislig City.
4. Business establishment owners and van/bus operators must shoulder the rapid testing of their respective employees every fourteen (14) days who will travel outside of Caraga or Butuan City.
5. Failure of the drivers to present the negative result of their rapid test to the checkpoint personnel would warrant refusal of their entry to Bislig City.
SECTION 2. Separability Clause. In the event that any provision in this Order or any part hereof is declared invalid, illegal, or unconstitutional, the provisions not affected thereby shall remain in force and in effect.
SECTION 3. Repealing Clause. All orders, rules and regulations, other issuances, or parts hereof which are inconsistent with the provisions of this Order are hereby repealed or modified
SECTION 4. Effectivity. This Executive Order shall take effect at 12:01AM of July 18, 2020 and shall remain in force unless sooner revoked or amended.
Done this July 16, 2020 at the City of Bislig, Surigao del Sur.