OFFICE OF THE SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD
The 8th Sangguniang Panlungsod (City Council) is composed of (10) Regular Members, thee (3) Ex-Officio Members representing the Liga ng mga Barangay, Sangguniang Kabataan Federation, and the Representative of the Indigenous People – a Sanggunian constitute of lawyers, engineers, agriculturists, and business entrepreneurs.
The office is provided with competent professional support who are highly qualified members of the Sanggunian Secretariat headed by Mr. Rosendo R. Campos, Sanggunian Secretary who is a graduate of Master in Public Administration.
As an institution, the Sangguniang Panlungsod of Bislig City has been consistently bestowed with the “National Finalist Awards” and “Local Awards” of the Local Legislative Awards (LLA) in 2006, 2009, 2012, and 2015, affirming the consistency of the performance of the Sangguniang Panlungsod which has become a tradition of work excellence over the years.
With great honor and pride, this legislative institution is again nominated to the 2018 Local Legislative Awards (LLA) after having been bestowed the award at the provincial and regional level. This 2018 Local Legislative Award assessment was guided by DILG MC No. 2018-130 dated August 14, 2018 and DILG Memorandum (unnumbered) dated September 17, 2018, based on the criteria stipulated in the prescribed Performance Evaluation Form 01 (LLA-SB/SP-CC Form 01).
Empowered by professional, honest and dedicated employees equipped with skills to provide excellent legislative support services through the most advanced information technology and innovative programs.
To provide services that exceed our client’s expectations.
SCOPE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES BY DIVISION
- Prepares and follow-up processing of all administrative documents such as payrolls, vouchers, travel orders, memorandum, office orders, procurement papers;
- Maintains financial internal control;
- Prepares letters of communications, transmittals, in aid of legislation;
- Ushers or accommodate guests during sessions and on any other days;
- Facilitate procurement of all materials and logistics in the office;
- Provides mobility services;
- Maintains cleanliness, orderliness, beautification of the office;
RECORDS AND LIBRARY DIVISION
- Receives and manages all files;
- Transmits legislative documents to intended persons or offices as indicated in the resolutions/ordinances;
- Maintains the legislative tracking system;
- Facilitates the preparation of the final copy of AIP & Budgets
DOCUMENTATION AND RESEARCH DIVISION
- Receives communications, letters and other requests that needs legislative actions;
- Assigns tracking numbers for each document received;
- Prepares the Agenda and Notice of Session;
- Jot down notes/records the proceedings of the Regular and Special Sessions, Committee Meetings, Public Hearings and Ocular Inspections;
- Prepares the Summary of Adopted Resolutions and Enacted Ordinances per Session;
- Prepares the draft Minutes of the Regular and Special Sessions;
- Prepares the Committee Reports;
- Prepares transmittal letters addressed to the concerned agencies/offices relative to the action/s taken by the respective committees;
- Prepares letter invitations for Committee Meetings and Sessions;
- Facilitates the reproduction/printing of the Committee Reports and Final Minutes of Sessions;
- Conducts legislative research on some concerns introduced by the members of the Sanggunian;
- Updates the status of each document received through the Legislative Tracking System;
- Provides technical assistance in the preparation of cooperative registration documents and other requirements.
RESOLUTION AND ORDINANCE DIVISION
- Prepares and records the attendance of the City Council during the Regular and Special Sessions;
- Facilitates/assists in the Regular and Special Sessions;
- Drafts and finalizes the adopted Resolutions and enacted Ordinances during the Regular and Special Sessions;
- Transmits final Resolutions and Ordinances to the Records Section;
- Supplies information of all approved Resolutions and Ordinances to the assigned sections in the Document Tracking System of the Sangguniang Panlungsod, providing significant final data/records of a certain measure (e.g. Resolution Series No., assigned tracking number, and title) and its present status;
- Prepares Notice of Invitation for the Certified Urgent Matters;
- Checks and evaluates the documents/requirements for the application for accreditation and re-accreditation as Civil Society Organization of the LGU;
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
- Continuously develops and maintains computer programs to support the legislative processes;
- Designs and maintain hardware support to office programs and other systems;
- Designs and suggest information technology based innovations;
- Continuously maintains and updates Sanggunian website;
For more Inquiries please contact:
ROSENDO R. CAMPOS, MPA
Secretary to the Sanggunian2nd Floor City Hall Building
Montero Street, Poblacion, Bislig City
853-6069 Local 116 & 117